Age and use can take their toll on hearing aids, and while there’s always the option of replacing a hearing aid that has become damaged, sometimes it’s better to attempt some common hearing aid repairs first.
Common Hearing Aid Repairs
Depending on the issue you’re having, you may be able to troubleshoot or repair your hearing aid on your own. Here are a few common hearing aid fixes you can try right now:
- Replace your battery
- Remove and reinsert your hearing aid
- Clean your hearing aid using a cleaning tool
- Replace the wax filter
- Open and close the battery compartment
- Make sure the battery compartment is free of obstructions
- Check your input settings
Still having trouble with your hearing aid? Call us at 214.363.HEAR (4327) to schedule an evaluation and discuss further hearing aid repair options.